Saturday, February 11, 2012

When the Call Comes...

I was the first to admit that I pretty much suck at this blog posting stuff. Compound my lack of time, witty enticements and nothing to report, and you pretty much get the drift of my problem. For the last four months there has been silence in our adoption world. I mean silence like the kind that screams at you. Everything we could do had been done and we were back to waiting. Waiting sucks almost as much as my blogging skills. Ok, more. Lots more! And knowing we weren't the only ones waiting for news made it that much harder to face the blank screen.

But now there is news... REAL news! Big news! We're headed! Last week the call finally came. I knew as soon as I saw the number on the readout that our lives were about to change, for the 3rd and 4th time! In the middle of a conversation I stopped and answered the call, ALL of them, not just the phone call. I answered the call to be a parent again (and again!), I answered the call to adopt, and I answered the call to let go and start new. In a few heartbeats, I experienced so much more than I can communicate, and I savor it. I believe I will treasure it in my heart always.

By now some are impatient, though this is old news... our court date is Feb. 28th! We leave this weekend for our first journey to a different way of life. And, amidst all the chaos of short-term trip planning, we savor the anticipation, and we savor our lives as a 4-person family, not in sadness but in eagerness to share who we are with two more.

We're coming, kids! We're coming for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment